What is the "EU passport"?

Technically, there is no such thing as the "EU" passport. What is commonly referred to as an "EU" passport is a passport from one of the European Union member states such as France or Germany which has the European Union symbol on it. As a descendant of a Hungarian parent and/or grandparent you may be eligible to apply for Hungarian citizenship then for the passport.

If approved, you will receive a new biometric Hungarian passport for maximum of 10 years to travel around the world. Once you enter the EU, you may commute among the member states freely; however certain custom regulations may apply. In certain EU member states this passport may allow its holder to work, study and live without the need for a work permit, however, in some cases work permits are still required, even for Hungarian passport holders. For more information please visit the website of the Hungarian Embassy in Ottawa.