Do Canadians need a working VISA?

Yes, and they must have a letter of invitation from the company they will be working for in Hungary. If a Canadian plans to travel to Hungary and look for work they must aquire a letter of invitation then leave Hungary and apply for the working VISA in a neighboring country (i.e., Vienna)